Hello Readers, Thank you for taking time to visit this blog...




As with every art, cooking also requires passion, interest and time... Irrespective of doing it as a leisure activity or on a regular basis, it involves dedication. The happiness you derive out of cooking by your self and serving is endless... esp someone appreciating your recipe...how nice it feels, is it not???




You may wonder about the title of this blog..Iyer Iyengar Kitchen...I am a Tanjore Iyer married to an Iyengar and picked up cooking by learning the delicacies of both the customs....and that is what I am sharing here... Recipes popular among the Tamil Iyer & Iyengar communities..




I would be really happy if this benefits atleast few of you....if you find this useful, pass this on to your friends..

Saturday 13 August 2011

Enter in to my Kitchen..

ஸ்ரீ ராம ஜெயம்.

Namaskarams, this is my first blog.

I start this blog with an aim of sharing my experiences and learnings inside a typical Brahmin kitchen..

I am an Iyer married to an Iyengar and hence can claim that i know to an extent on some delicacies that these Tamil Brahmin communities are noted for..

Most of the dishes that i share here are typically of Tanjore style which i learnt it from my Mom and Granny..

Take time to read this blog...even if this serves fruitful to any one of you, i am happy for it..

Regards,
Akila Vijayaraaman

11 comments:

  1. Excellent blog Akila.. tried and true recipes. Will use this to get perfect outcome :).
    Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I do not know your name.. Thanks for taking time to read this blog and posting your feedback..

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful aathu samayal. Thanks so much !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello akila maami,

    I had read thru ur blog.. very interesting and thanks a lot.. Now I can refer it anytime i have doubt :P thus saving some money by not calling my mother (in India, i have shifted to UAE recently) frequently for silly doubts :P Kindly include recipe for vedika vita mor kuzhambu..

    Thanks in advance..

    Regards,
    Abinaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a muslim .. but i really love brahmin samayal.. and ur blog really helped me well.. thank you.. love your recipes really well <3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i AM AN IYENGAR MARRIED TO AN IYER. mOST RECIPES OF THE BOTH ARE SAME. i DONT FIND DIFFERENCE IN COOKING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I found this, I live in the USA and wanted some recipes to make a good iyengar meal for my husband, and this is it! Great job Akila !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Akila, We prepared vathakulambu per your receipies ... Its amazing, Thanks for your tips ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent blog Akila. I disagree with the person who said Iyer and Iyengar cooking is the same. It might seem the same for somebody who doesn't know the nuances. Each has its strengths. I just love the Iyengar puliyodharai and Iyer vatha kuzhambu. You're doing a great job!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. I am totally from different background but am so attracted towards south indian brahmin receipes. I am glad that i found your blog. waiting for some kuruma varieties. Thank you so much for putting up such an amazing blog. keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi love your recipies. What is the difference between pulikachal sadam and puliyodarai. If there is any difference. The please post recipe of iyengar puliyodarai

    ReplyDelete